|Our belief that we have a role to play in the sustainability of our wider community was one of the founding stones of Eatdrinksleep. Here are some of our thoughts.
- Although the towns and villages around us are thinly populated, our local eating market is key to us. Our fixed price menus are great value.
- We try to be a hub of the community. We host beer and wine tastings, fireworks parties and local show meetings, and support local charities.
- We have always encouraged local suppliers to bring their produce to our kitchen door, and we now have a long list of active small producers.
- We take very seriously our responsibility for minimising our impact on the wider environment and demand the same of our suppliers.
- We do employ local people where we can and invest in training them, giving them specialist qualifications for use throughout their life.
Any decent inn should reflect the land the surrounds it, and we started sourcing our food locally long before it became fashionable. Here are a few of our more established suppliers.
Bryn Derw Farm
Principality Pigs of Llandefalle
The Welsh Venison Centre
P.F. Sweeney of Brecon
Local Game Dealers
Wing of St. Mawes
Black Mountains Smokery
Greenery & Herbs
The Griffin's Organic Garden
Damian Allsop Chocolates
J&G Sankey, Kington
Neal's Yard Dairy
Giving commercial and promotional support to local drinks producers is as important to us as sourcing our food ingredients locally. We are blessed to have so many in our immediate area.
Beers and Whisky
Wye Valley Brewery
Soft Drinks and Ciders
Ty Gwyn Cider
Aber Valley Fruits, Talybont
Coffees and Teas
James' Gourmet Coffee
We try to keep as many of our outgoings in the local economy. If you need the services of any of the below, click on the link or email our office.
Fraser and Jones (traditional building)
Ty Mawr Lime (paints)
Garth Roberts (electrics)
PJ Pest Control
Geoff Price (painting)
Orion Motors (car repairs)
Paycheck (ultra efficient payroll)